MY FIREPLACE REMOTE IS NOT WORKING. WHY?
The following are the top reasons why fireplace remote is not working:
1) Batteries do not have enough power or are installed incorrectly is the #1 reason fireplace remote is not working.
2) Misunderstanding on how the remote features operate the fireplace.
3) The slide switch on the receiver is not in the correct position.
4) The remote hand-held transmitter has not had the “learn” function activated to the receiver.
5) For standing pilot units, the thermopile must generate a minimum of 200 Millivolts. The fireplace requires more millivolts to operate via the remote control because it adds resistance to the system.